Indeed a welcoming step. I've taken my exams using computers till 12th
standard barring board exams  and I've no doubt the independence that
it offers is truly liberating. In college I was forced to make use of
scribe due to certain excruciating circumstances otherwise I would
have continued using computers as a mode of taking exams. I completed
my schooling in  2010 and now it is 2016 and there have been definite
improvement in technology.