1.      launch start menu by pressing window key and type the initial
characters of control panel in the search edit box.
2.      within the search results that pops up, focus on the result control
panel and press enter
3.      now on the control panel screen that opened on your screen, tab
around it and focus on folder option and press enter.
4.      now on your screen one multitab folder option dialog box gets open,
so press control+tab to focus on the view page.
5.      now on this view page, press tab until you reach on files and
folders tree view.
6.      once your focus is  on this tree view, keep  pressing letter h
until you hear hide extensions for known file type off and press
spacebar to turn it on.
7.      now press tab to come to apply button and press spacebar to make the
changes.
8.      now again keep pressing tab until you reach on ok button and press
spacebar to finally confirm the changes.

Now you should see the extensions for all file types on your screen.

On 1/27/17, Mohib Anwar Rafay <mohibra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using jaws 18 in my Dell laptop running windows 8.1.
> Erlier in windows 7 I used to listen file extention along with its
> name, like, Tom.mp3, Kait.pdf etc. But I am not able to find this
> option in windows 8.1. So guide me accordingly.
>
> --
> Mohib Anwar Rafay
>
> Phone: +919 555 555 765

Mukesh jain
Email:
mukesh.jai...@gmail.com
mukeshheerachandj...@ntpc.co.in
Skype: mukeshjain211
Mob: 09977165123
"Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them; but do not let them
master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight. "

Helen Keller