From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of
Blind Graduates' Forum of India (BGFI)
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2017 10:33 AM
To: accessindia; list <
Subject: [AI] BGFI Picnic 2017!!!

Hi all,

Though its slightly delayed, Please find a short note below sharing our
experience at BGFI's recent picnic.

On a calm and refreshing morning of 11 Feb, The BGFI team was all set for yet
another exciting picnic with above 40 participants from all parts of Mumbai.
The fact that more than 30 participants were blind didn’t hamper anybody’s
excitement as they were set to have wonderful weekend with their friends. The
excitement increased manifold when the group arrived at its first destination
which was The Ammunitions factory in Khadki, Pune. The group spent next few
hours learning about the manufacturing process of the battel tanks. Barring 1-2
people, it was a completely new experience for almost all of the participants.
The fact that they were allowed to touch every part of a tank and a running
machine was stopped just to show its working to the visually impaired made it
completely inclusive and informative. The staff at factory was also thrilled to
meet so many visually impaired persons who are well settled in their lives and
they left no stone unturned to ensure that the participants had a good time.
After a scrumptious lunch, the next stop was a camp side in Velhe village near
Pune. The Idea was to provide a real camping experience to the participants. As
our partners, The Adventures Beyond Barriers Foundation did a wonderful job at
organising the camping.  the evening was well spent with the participants
learning tent pitching followed by a lot of fun-filled group activities and a
bonfire.

Come the morning, the participants were all set for a short treck and water
activities. Everyone felt a sense of responsibility and teamwork during the
raft-building competition. It was a grate enjoyment to float in the lake using
same rafts which were built by the participants. For a lot of them, it was the
first time they were in waters and they made the most of this opportunity. As
all wonderful things come to an end, The group returned to Mumbai on Sunday
night with countless memories to cherish and a whole bunch of new friends to
hang out with in future. We are especially thankful to the Adventures Beyond
Barriers Foundation who ensured that every participant gets to enjoy every
activity regardless his/her disability. We look forward to increase our
collaboration in future.

Thanks and regards,
The BGFI Team