See this news.  What  this useless sacrifices  is for, afterall?

The Hindu News Update Service

News Update Service
Wednesday, November 21, 2007 : 1715 Hrs

Regional
Man ends life to help brother regain vision but in vain

Chennai (PTI): An auto-driver here committed suicide in order to donate his
eyes to his partially blind younger brother, but his sacrifice went in vain
as the cornea was found medically unfit for transplantation as it could not be
removed in time.

Upset over his brother Karthik (24) losing his sight steadily due to a nervous
disorder, Ravikumar (26) out of immense love for him ended his life by hanging
himself at his house in a north Chennai locality on Tueday afternoon, police
said.

"Please give my eyes to my brother after my death," Ravikumar had written in
the suicide note.

Tragically for him, his cornea could not be removed in time as the suicide note
was noticed only late in the night, about six hours after the death, they
said.

Unfortunately for Ravikumar he was not aware that his brother's chances of
regaining the sight were remote even with transplantation as Karthik's
connecting
nerves in the eyes were damaged, police quoting doctors said.

Yet, when the body was taken to the Kilpauk Medical College to find out whether
it was still possible for the eyes to be useful, the doctors there expressed
their helplessness.