From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf
Of asif
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 1:50 PM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: [AI] Digital inclusion update

July 12, 2017

Dear All,

May I take this opportunity to brief you all regarding few digital inclusion
initiatives which I am personally engaged and seeking your kind assistance,
support and cooperation for my mission of digital inclusive eco-system for
India.

1. Income tax efiling site: Thanks to my Pwc colleague who has connected me
with chief income tax commissioner Efiling and he was kind enough to issue
directive to his team to comply with international accessibility standard.
Happy to note that 80% of site is indeed accessible and team is currently
working on ensuring compliance to accessibility for rest of the sites.
Pleased to note that citizens with disability can file return independently.

2. 2. IRCTC: As part of Pwc assignment; I was working with Ministry of IT&
Electronics and one of the outcome of that assignment is that they made
IRCTC accessible and even enabled additional authentication mechanism such
as OTP for blind & visually impaired citizens.

3. 3. BHIM (Digital payment platform) APPE: As we speak; accessibility
evangelist are testing out android/ IOS and team has assured us that next
version would take care of accessibility in totality.

4. 4. HDFC Bank mobile Appe: As Pwc India has their salary account with HDFC
bank; it was frustrating to use inaccessible mobile appe and decided to
write to Aditya Pura, MD HDFC Bank. I got a prompt respond from his office
followed by in-person meeting visit by regional manager. They are also
working on accessibility and hopefully next version of HDFC bank mobile appe
release would offer equal access including disabled.

5. 5. Smart cities : I am currently engaged on Pwc smart cities and working
on two cities at the moment. My job is to ensure that all digital service
channel offers equal access.

6. 6. All India Technical Education council: I recently got connected to
chairman AITCE who has promised me that all upcoming government platform
would offer equal access.

Let's embrace change of digital world and let's all collaborate to influence
appe developer for universal access for inclusive India for all.

Asif Kolkata Pwc India

Mohammed Asif Iqbal
Sr. Manager Pwc India Pvt. Ltd.
Past President Welfare Society for the blind, Former board member NHRDN
Kolkata Chapter, Member CII CSR AA forum
Mob: 9830059830
Email: asifmaiq...@hotmail.com<mailto:asifmaiq...@hotmail.com>
The list has now migrated to www.accessindia.inclusivehabitat.in

You should now post to the id: a...@accessindia.inclusivehabitat.in