From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of
Satguru Rathi
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2017 4:28 PM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: [AI] Fwd: FW: Latest notification on additional banking services to
disabled

Hi sir,

Wanted to post this on list but... Well, now I am writing on the list to have a
discussion on it.

Well, I am not denying the fact that one should learn to sign but can it
be forced upon someone when there is technology available to
authenticate thumb impression? Why don't the bank employ that technology
instead of forcing someone to beg people to become their witness just to
withdraw money? Think of  a scenario where a person is holding an
account with a bank for 5-6 years and all these years he has been doing
the banking with ease and suddenly he is asked to produce witnesses to
withdraw his own money despite the fact that all the staff has seen him
all these years while transacting!

All those years I have studied Braille, now shall we argue to learn
print right from the beginning? I don't find it easy to learn sign since
I have no exposure to print, so just because I can't sign, and the bank
don't want to deploy the technology which can remove this barrier, I
shall need to beg people to become my witnesses!

I don't know where are we heading.

With best regards,

Satguru
"Life's battle do not always go, to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or
later the one who wins, is the one who thinks he can."

Satguru Rathi
+91-9871489945
satgurura...@gmail.com