Hey list members, I am a partially blind person, I can manage most of
the chores at my own. People don't get easily that I am visually
impaired person. But this is true that I hide my disability, for
instance, on the dining table I pretent that I don't like sweets in
order to avoid the embarrassment of asking where is the sweet kept on
the table. I avoid social functions just to make sure that no one is
knowing the magnitude of my  vision condition. I am unable to become
very social, thinking that people will not like me on the account of
my disability.
In order to hide my disability, I have to secrify a lot!  I hide my
disability just because of the matter of the fact that in my society
disabled people are looked with pity, and no one will respect me and
my parants after knowing that I am disabled person. Though I am
central government employee, still people will doubt on my ability and
education, they will say that he got the job under quota reserved for
handicapped persons. Therefore till now, I am hiding my disability
wherever possible.
Kindly suggest me how to live a good life with the disability with
full confidence. . I always think that why it happened to me, while
whole world is enjoying with their sight. When I think of future
married life, I am clueless that how will I manage children and all,
their education and then their marriage etc. I feel life is useless
with out sight.
Kindly help me  in coming out from this liquidating attitude.