Hi everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. While I have acquired considerable
proficiency in the use of the cane, I still have weak orientation skills.
Basically, I am able to use the cane in familiar settings like my office, but
require sighted assistance when I need to get to a particular location, say
from my vehicle.
In other words, my O and M skills have not reached a stage when I can get from
my vehicle to, say, the 4th room on the left on the third floor of a building
that I need to go to. This is on account of my inability to act on the
instructions that someone might give me, and logistical challenges such as
using the lift independently. Plus, another concern is dealing with offers of
assistance from sighted people which are hard to politely reject and
considerably slow down one's progress. Finally, there's a fear of getting lost
or going in the wrong direction which can result in the wastage of a lot of
time. Any thoughts?

Best,
Rahul

Sent from my iPhone