Amazon devices RECORD your private conversations and surreptitiously send them
to others

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 by:
Jayson Veley
Tags:
Amazon,
cyber security,
Glitch,
Hacked,
Jeff Bezos,
Orwellian,
personal information,
privacy,
privacy invasion,
spying,
surveillance,
technology

figure
Image: Amazon devices RECORD your private conversations and surreptitiously
send them to others
figure end
Images/Gundry-4-Eggplant-Apr-2018-MR

(Natural News)
In yet another example of how technology can at times work against our best
interests, a family in Portland felt compelled to contact Amazon recently after
private conversation was recorded
 by the voice-controlled smart speaker “Alexa” and subsequently sent out to a
random person living in Seattle.

“My husband and I would joke and say I’d bet these devices are listening to
what we’re saying,” explained Danielle, who did not want her last name
disclosed.
She went on to describe an alarming phone call that she received from one of
her husband’s employees in Seattle, who told her to “unplug your Alexa devices
right now” because “you’re being hacked.”

“We unplugged all of them and he proceeded to tell us he had received audio
files of recordings from inside our house,” Danielle said. “At first, my husband
was, like, ‘no you didn’t!’ And the (recipient of the message) said ‘You sat
there talking about hardwood floors.’ And we said, ‘oh gosh, you really did
hear us.’”

Danielle said that she felt that her privacy had been invaded, and that she’s
no longer going to be using the Amazon Alexa device because she simply can’t
trust it any more. (Related:
Amazon has quietly decided to start photographing your home each time they make
a delivery.)

When the local news station KIRO 7 reached out to Amazon for a response, the
e-commerce giant issued the following statement: “Amazon takes privacy very
seriously. We investigated what happened and determined this was an extremely
rare occurrence. We are taking steps to avoid this from happening in the
future.” (Related:
A new Amazon patent admits that it will listen in real-time for “trigger words”
that could get you arrested and imprisoned.)

Get more news like this without being censored: Get the
Natural News app
 for your mobile devices. Enjoy uncensored news, lab test results, videos,
podcasts and more. Bypass all the unfair censorship by Google, Facebook, YouTube
and Twitter. Get your daily news and videos directly from the source!
Download here.

Experts have warned of this possibility

Truthfully, stories similar to this one about the Amazon Alexa listening in on
private conversations aren’t that rare; as a matter of fact, they seem to
be becoming increasingly common. Worse still, these recorded conversations
could potentially end up in the wrong hands.

Last June, a security expert
issued a dire warning
 to users of electronic assistants like the Amazon Alexa and the Google Echo,
explaining that these devices could be hacked by criminals and used to steal
important and personal information.

According to cybersecurity expert Dr. Jason Nurse, even though the electronic
assistant devices put out by Amazon all have an “activation” word (“hey Alexa,”
for example), hackers could potentially find a way to make it so that these
devices are listening in on your
private conversations
 around the clock. Once that is accomplished, all it would take is a quick
sentence or two about your banking information – perhaps as you talk on the
phone with your financial advisor, for example – and the hacker could do a
tremendous amount of damage to your livelihood and peace of mind.

In order to test if a security breach like this was truly possible, a
team of researchers
 at the security firm Checkmarx began fiddling with the Amazon Alexa to see how
easy it would be for a hacker to hack in. After just a few clever manipulations,
they were able to achieve their goal, thus proving that the warning made by Dr.
Jason Nurse last June is entirely legitimate.

It would be wrong to say that devices like the Amazon Alexa and similar
electronic assistants are entirely bad in nature. Indeed, they do make life much
more convenient and come with a number of neat features. However, if the future
is going to include advanced technology like this, then companies like
Amazon are going to have to work harder than ever to ensure that the privacy
and safety of their customers is not compromised. Read
PrivacyWatch.news
 for more coverage.

Sources include:

KIRO7.com

Dailymail.co.uk

Wired.com

Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Share
article end
Previous :Chinese journalist banned from buying a home due to his score in the
“Social Credit System”
Next :Being curious is actually good for your brain and body….and for the
political system

Introducing Health Ranger Select Fermented Chlorella Tablets

Images/Health-Ranger-Suit-75x75
Enjoy the powerful combination of superfood goodness and prebiotic power with
our Health Ranger Select Fermented Chlorella Tablets. Packed with both vital
nutrients and beneficial prebiotics, our new supplement is easily digested and
absorbed. Moreover, our chlorella tablets are lab-verified and kosher-certified
by our supplier.

IN STOCK, SHIPPING TODAY. CLICK HERE TO ORDER.

Images/Fermented-Chlorella-Tablets-2-UA
JOIN THE HEALTH RANGER'S FREE EMAIL NEWSLETTER

Get breaking news alerts on GMOs, fluoride, superfoods, natural cures and
more...

(Note: Avoid using gmail.com addresses, because Google deliberately censors
this email newsletter to protect Big Pharma's profits.)

Enter your email address here...
Subscribe
Your privacy is protected.
Unsubscribe at any time. |
Learn more...

More news on
Amazon
Jeff Bezos goes full Orwellian with creepy facial recognition and tracking
tech; ACLU urges ban
Amazon devices RECORD your private conversations and surreptitiously send them
to others
Bezos the SPY master: Amazon now powering facial recognition surveillance
technology for police
Amazon workers forced to use pee bottles out of fear of being punished for
going to the restroom
Jeff Bezos applauds Islam non-profits on Amazon’s “smile” donation program, but
BANS Christian groups… wow
“The Most Dangerous Mind in America” interviewed about false flags and extreme
censorship
Rebuilding the Amazon forest with chocolate: How cocoa could be the key to
making South America green again
Amazon patent admits it will listen in real-time for “trigger words” that could
get you arrested and imprisoned
Amazon has quietly decided to start photographing your home each time they make
a delivery
Rise of the machines: A.I. technology could soon be taking over the jobs of
supermarket managers
images/Have-A-News-Tip-v2
Images/Magnesium-Foot-Deodorant-MS
Images/Magnesium-Oil-Spray-Back-in-Stock-MS
Images/NMH-CNN-Apr-2018-MS
Images/Organic-Rice-Bran-Fiber-Back-in-Stock-MS
Images/BHMD-Wrinkle-Mar-2018-MS
Images/Gundry-3-Bugs-Mar-2018-MS
Images/Goji-Berries-Back-in-Stock-MS
Images/HRS-Pure-Microalgae-Superfood-Blend-MS

Disqus
Take Action: Support Natural News by linking to this article from your website

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-05-29-amazon-devices-record-your-private-conversations.html

Embed article link: (copy HTML code below):
<a
href="https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-05-29-amazon-devices-record-your-private-conversations.html";>Amazon
 devices RECORD your private conversations and surreptitiously send them to
others</a>

Reprinting this article:

Non-commercial use OK, cite NaturalNews.com with clickable link.

Follow Natural News on
Twitter,
Pinterest,
Steemit,
MeWe,
and
GAB

Most Viewed Articles
Today
Week
Month
Year
list of 18 items
Health experts say ALL sausage and bacon products cause diseases like cancer…
is that really true? - NaturalNews.com
From swallowing condoms for fun to this? Dangerous internet craze teaches kids
how to remove scar tissue using a rubber band - NaturalNews.com
Pro-pedophilia messages now being embedded in Hollywood movies for CHILDREN -
NaturalNews.com
Absolute WORST foods that clog your blood and lead to Alzheimer’s disease,
dementia and strokes - NaturalNews.com
CONFIRMED: Antidepressants and other drugs cause dementia - NaturalNews.com
77 holistic practitioners now dead since 2015: This is beyond strange, they are
dropping like flies and MSM ignores them - NaturalNews.com
Mass HALLUCINATIONS of the Left: Baby prison buses, caged child refugees and
other make believe fantasies of progressives - NaturalNews.com
Citizen journalist Tommy Robinson jailed under secret order from UK government;
total media blackout issued to protect Muslim pedophiles - NaturalNews.com
Video proof Obama and John Kerry are actively working with radical terrorists
who hope to destroy America with nuclear weapons - NaturalNews.com
Ever wonder what happens when you donate your body parts to “medical science?”
Discover the horrifying truth that will leave you sickened - NaturalNews.com
Leftist David Hogg has gone from anti-gun protester to extortion artist with
"die-in" protest at Publix supermarket that backfired - NaturalNews.com
6 More reasons NOT to drink diet soda - NaturalNews.com
Amazon devices RECORD your private conversations and surreptitiously send them
to others - NaturalNews.com
Autoimmune disease doesn’t have to take over your life - NaturalNews.com
Electro pollution from power lines threatens health of wildlife -
NaturalNews.com
FDA now wants to eliminate side effect warnings from drug ads in latest
collusion with Big Pharma - NaturalNews.com
Expert teaches the proper way of breathing to relieve stress and anxiety -
NaturalNews.com
Watch out: That new Walmart cantaloupe was developed by Monsanto -
NaturalNews.com
list end
Reference Information
images/Science-NaturalNews
Science.NaturalNews.com
Conduct powerful scientific research in mere seconds for your book, blog,
website article or news report.
logos/NP-Social-Symbol
NaturalPedia.com
A free online encyclopedia of natural health knowledge from the industry's top
authors and writers.
fotolia/broccoli
HealingFoodReference.com
A free public service to promote health freedom and empower consumers with
information about the healing power of foods.
webseed/wholeherbs
HerbReference.com
A free public service to promote health freedom and empower consumers with
information about the healing power of herbs.
comstock/Vitamin-Bottle-Spill
SupplementReference.com
A free public service to promote health freedom and empower consumers with
information about the healing power of supplements.
photoscom/groceryshopping
NutrientReference.com
A free public service to promote health freedom and empower consumers with
information about the healing power of nutrients.
articles/HonestFoodGuide_135
HonestFoodGuide.org
This free to download food guide offers genuine nutritional information, not
watered-down information designed to boost the sale of milk, beef and grains.
complementary information
Images/NaturalNews-App-300x130-v3
Images/Autoimmune-Secrets-2018-IH
Images/ActivateYou-Actress-Apr-2018-B
Images/FlaxJoy-B
Images/Pure-Water-Freedom-Fluoride-Jan-2016-B
Images/Facial-and-Eye-Lifting-Serums-B
Images/Hemroid-Harry-Pain-Jan-2016
Images/Berkey-HR-Feb-2016-B
Images/Chief-Originals-Betaine-Anhydrous-B
Images/Monk-Fruit-v3-B
Advertise with NaturalNews...
Images/Health-Ranger-Tooth-Salt-with-Neem-MR
Advertise with NaturalNews...
images/Science-News
Science.News
Science News & Studies
images/Medicine-News
Medicine.News
Medicine News and Information
images/Food-News
Food.News
Food News & Studies
images/Health-News
Health.News
Health News & Studies
images/Herbs-News
Herbs.News
Herbs News & Information
images/Pollution-News
Pollution.News
Pollution News & Studies
images/Cancer-News
Cancer.News
Cancer News & Studies
images/Climate-News
Climate.News
Climate News & Studies
images/Survival-News
Survival.News
Survival News & Information
images/Gear-News
Gear.News
Gear News & Information
images/Glitch-News
Glitch.News
News covering technology, stocks, hackers, and more
Read Archived NaturalNews Stories
complementary information end
main region end
content information
NaturalNews.com

Natural News Toolbar
Privacy Policy
Terms of Use
About Us
Contact Us/Feedback
Write for Natural News
Media Information
Advertise Information

Follow Us

Email Newsletter
Twitter
Pinterest
Diaspora
Steemit
MeWe
GAB
RSS

Apple iOS app
Android app on Google Play
eTrust Pro Certified
This site is part of the Natural News Network © 2018 All Rights Reserved.
Privacy

Terms
All content posted on this site is commentary or opinion and is protected under
Free Speech. Truth Publishing International, LTD. is not responsible for
content written by contributing authors. The information on this site is
provided for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended as
a substitute for professional advice of any kind. Truth Publishing assumes no
responsibility for the use or misuse of this material. Your use of this website
indicates your agreement to these terms and
those published here.
All trademarks, registered trademarks and servicemarks mentioned on this site
are the property of their respective owners.
content information end