From: "Vikas Kapoor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Access India" <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2007 11:34 AM
Subject: [AI] Visually-impaired to become RJs

> Visually-impaired to become RJs
>
> Dehra Dun, Dec 2 They may not be able to see, but they have the
gift-of-the-gab. And they may soon bring you all the gossip, fun and music
on your radio
> sets.
>
> For a set of visually impaired people, the vision of life goes much beyond
just being able to see as they gear up for a career in 'Radio Jockeying',
thanks
> to a course by National Institute for Visually Handicapped (NIVH).
>
> "With the mushrooming of FM radios across thecountry, opportunities for
blind people have increased," said Anuradha Mohit, the director of NIVH, who
is
> also blind.
>
> "These people can also work as radio jockeys and in broadcasting networks
for which the centre will start a broad-based course. Already the Chennai
centre
> of NIVH is providing a short-term course for enhancing RJ skills", she
said.

> A similar course would commence shortly expecting to train over 100
people, she said. Besides, NIVH is planning to set up a new radio station.

http://www.financialexpress.com/news/Visuallyimpaired-to-become-RJs/245986/

> Vikas Kapoor,
> MSN Id:[EMAIL PROTECTED], Yahoo&Skype Id: dl_vikas,
> Mobile: (+91) 9891098137.

please visit the list home page at