I found a new friend from delhi who is sighted and wishes to travel with bat.
He has been a great friend who has been my room mate all along.  But you need
to be independent.  I take help only in a new place and that too far the first
time.

Regards
Vamshi

> [...]
>>>
>>> Day 2
>>> Time to touch China!  Natulla pass!  14,000 feet height!
>>> It was all the more tantalizing when we had to wait twice for permits to
>>> reach there.   With every passing mile up, the temperature kept dropping
>>> and air freezing.  I deliberately refrained from wearing jacket till we
>>> reached there to see how it will be like, but only to loose the battle
>>> with the weather as by then my hands also started paining.   It was a hike
>>> to the top, with either of the bat travel buddies or  sighted friend
>>> holding one hand and my white cane in the other.  There were steps,
>>> treacherous passes, snow passes, other tourists and what not, but it was a
>>> great experience to use the white cane at such a place and reach the peak.
>>> We could see Chinese buildings, flags at the other end.  My impish side
>>> got better of me as I poked my cane beyond Indian border and was duly
>>> cautioned by the army person against it.  After saluting the army friends,
>>> on our way down, we had hot tea, jilebi and popcorn.  We had a few pics
>>> and shouted Jayho to India at the border!  On our way down, we stopped at
>>> beautiful Tsomgo lake to have a yak ride.  Ritu went so far to walk ahead
>>> of me, or rather the yak to take a video of my ride.
>>>
>>> Day 3
>>> From east to west of Sikkim.
>>> We visited Temi  tea gardens on the way to west of Sikkim.  It was planned
>>> that we will have lunch in the middle of tea bushes!  But nature had
>>> different plans as it rained.  However, it was no less an experience with
>>> having lunch at top of a building of 50 feet height with the entire tea
>>> garden below us, mountains around us and clouds along side!  We visited
>>> the factory and got the entire process of producing tea explained.  We
>>> even handled one or two machines to get hands on.  Then we proceeded to
>>> Okhrey, visiting the golden colour 130 feet statue of Lord Buddha on the
>>> way.
>>>
>>> Day 4
>>> Wooden Home stay in a Sikkimmese village, and disability etiquette of a
>>> village boy
>>> Putting up on second  floor of the wooden building was a rare experience.
>>> A few humming birds woke us up in the morning.  We argued amongst
>>> ourselves for guessing the name of  the bird that is humming, obviously
>>> with no one knowing it correctly!  It was a loving family that served
>>> homely food in the village.
>>> Then we went through a forest trail, and I have met a special person.
>>> Ashish, a twelve year boy.  He kept all others away from me and guided me
>>> all the way through the trail across patchy ways, streams, rocks, trees
>>> etc.  He went so far to step on the ground ahead to check the firmness
>>> and then place my cane.  After sometime, he took the cane away from me
>>> saying the path is smooth and my hand would pain for holding it for long
>>> time.  I took the risk of giving up the cane and prepared for an  injury
>>> for the love and concern he had for me, but his confidence took me