Hi, yes, that is the only reason why I'd like to get it updated. I typically
mention, for instance in some news interviews, that I have around 5% vision,
and my disability certificate says that I am 100% blind, so that leads to a
discrepancy.

As a purely legal matter, as per the January, 2018 guidelines, which now hold
the field, I would be considered 90% blind:
http://www.ccdisabilities.nic.in/content/en/docs/Newguideline.pdf
This is because my visual acuity in the better eye is 2/60 and 1/60 in the
worse eye. The parameters for 100% blindness are: (a) absence of light
perception or (b) vision limited to detecting hand movements and counting
fingers. Please see clause 19. My estimation is based on a perusal of the
second table given therein.

I don't see this as a question of acceptance. Indeed, I am totally blind for
all practical purposes. Rather, I look at this from the perspective of
accuracy. Put differently, I would not like to be counted amongst those who can
distinguish Samuel from Sarah and yet represent themselves as being 100% blind,
even though it is true that such a characterization would be incorrect in my
case :)

Best,
Rahul

Sent from my iPhone