Dear All,

Greetings from Blind Graduates Forum Of India!
Imagining writing an exam without a pen for a sighted student, is as
impossible for a blind student without a reader and a writer! Hence
taking this as an opportunity, Blind Graduate’s Forum of India (BGFI)
makes a small attempt to express our heartfelt gratitude towards the
readers and writers, and as well felicitate our young graduates
through an annual event called “The Readers and Writers Day”.
 Details of the event: Date: Saturday, September 22, 2018. Time: 3 pm
to 6 pm Venue: Yashwantrao Chavan Pratishthan basement hall,
Jagannathrao Bosale Marg, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400021 - opposite
Mantralay.  The venue can be conveniently reached by bus root number
138 from CST station as well as 138/100 from Churchgate station.
Share taxi services are also available from both these railway
stations.
The felicitation program will be followed by a talk by Amit Jain who
will be guiding our young friends through his wide array of
experience.
  About Amit Jain: Amit Jain has done his post graduation from IIM
Ahmedabad and is currently pursuing his doctoral studies at IIM
Calcutta in the field of diversity and inclusion. He has varied
experience in the industry for more than 8 years in areas such as,
actuarial pricing, business transformation, business development and
in corporate social responsibility. He has also been associated with
NGOs like XRCVC in training visually impaired graduates for
management’s entrance examinations. He has also been a visiting
faculty at various business schools like K.J. Somaiya College in
Mumbai and Praxis Business School in Kolkata. As a researcher, his
interest lies in understanding the people with Disabilities. Amit’s
research focuses on how the individual personality rather than just
the disability plays a role in a person's success. He has presented
his work in various international management and psychology conference
as well. Students can also enroll for the mentorship program to get
guidance specific to a given career.
 We therefore cordially invite all the new graduates to Continue to
get in touch with us for registrations until the 15TH of September on
the below mentioned contact details. Santosh Salian can be reached on
9930775758. Alternately, you Could connect with Tanya Balsara on
9892000677.
 Should you be aware of any new blind graduates who are not members of
the list, kindly provide information about them as well.
Note: it would be preferred if one graduate brings one reader/ scribe along.
Our readers and writers are people who put aside their work and spare
time to read/write for us. We, therefore, feel honored to take this
opportunity to thank all of them who have been there for our young
friends.
Looking forward to a wholehearted participation!
Regards
the BGFI team!
Website:
www.bgfi.in