Hello,
Various reasons could be put forward for this problem.
As you said, you are having this bug once in a while and that too,
after jaws starts, so to me, the best solution to begin with could be,
that you should turn off the auto-start option of jaws and have jaws
starts manually. This way, you may determine whether jaws is causing
the halt.

Meanwhile, does it ever happen that your computer shuts down or
restarts automatically? Or, you are facing frequent halts (even for a
moment or so,) when you run a programme or while you are working
constantly?
If that were so, your RAM might be having some problem, and you may
require to get it replaced.

Computer is a little cosmos, complex and inter-dependent, unaware
creatures unable to figure out whether hydrogen or helium causes the
bigbang or whether bigbang causes them both.

Regards,
Ramit