Imay explain only what I have done.There is a form prescribed by the
IT dept.The form is almost like a certificate issued by the Medical
Board.Keep the original with you and only submit a photo copy to the
employer, who in turn will make a mention of the deduction under
Section 80U in form 16 issued by him. If need be attach a photo copy
of the said certificate along with your tax return.
Niranjan