Hi all,

I would like to share information on Brainport which I had in my E
mail id. It was long back in November 2013, when I tried to enquire
about Brainport to marketing manager in Europe from Wicab He replied
me;

Thank you for your interest in our technology.

The BrainPort V100 will soon be available at selected sites in
Germany, the UK, Sweden, Italy and Canada.  Unfortunately, I cannot
predict when the technology will be available in India for purchase.
We are not currently discussing sales and marketing in your country
with a distributor/local partner. However, we will inform you as soon
as the device is available in your country.

Prior to purchase, users are required to train with the device under
the supervision of a certified trainer.  We recommend a minimum of 10
hours of training, which translates into approximately one week of
training sessions.  Some users may benefit from additional training.

The cost of the device is 8,000 EURO (excl. VAT).  Training costs
differ from country to country and are not included in the device
cost.  Prior to devising a reimbursement strategy for select
countries, we intend to support prospective customers' attempts to
apply for grants from charitable organizations.

Please note that the device does not provide sight, sight substation
or visualizations of images.  Instead, it is like a Braille system on
the tongue that individuals learn to interpret as concrete objects in
their environment.  Users are unable to recognize their family members
or "see".  Those seem to be common misperceptions of our technology..

Friends, the information which I had shared above is of November 2013
and not the latest one.

 Regards
Santosh Salian