hi
below is the OM by Govt of India
Guidelines for providing certain facilities in respect of persons with
disabilities.pdf
No.36035/3/2o9-Estt.(Res) Government of India Ministry of Personnel,
Public Grievances and Pensions Department of Personnel and Training
*******
North Block, New Delhi. Dated the 315J; March, 2014.
OFFICE MEMORANDUM
Subject: Guidelines for providing certain facilities in respect of persons with
disabilities who are already employed in Government for efficient
performance of their duties *****
A need has been felt to issue guidelines to provide certain additional
facilities /amenities to the persons with disabilities (PWD) to enable
them to effectively
discharge their duties. The facilities such as identification of jobs,
post recruitment and pre-promotion training, assistive devices, free
accessibility,
preference in transfer/posting, special casual leave, etc. have been
identified as areas which require special attention. The proposed
facility indicated
in the guidelines should be applicable in respect of such employees
working in the Ministries/Departments of the Government of India,
their attached and
subordinate offices, Central Public Sector Enterprises, Cantonment Boards
etc.
2.
An inter-ministerial committee was formed to finalise guidelines for
providing certain facilities in respect of persons with disabilities,
who are already
employed in efficient discharge of their duties. Based on the
discussions held with the stakeholders and suggestion received from
the stakeholders, the
following guidelines are issued to
provide certain facilities/amenities to the persons with disabilities:-
A.
Identification of jobs Each Ministry/Department of the Government of
India, their attached and subordinate offices, Central Public Sector
Enterprises,
Cantonment Boards etc should identify the types of jobs which could be
easily performed by them specially for Group B, C and D posts where
the number of
jobs are more. Such persons should preferably be posted to perform
such identified jobs and they be allowed to continue performing such
jobs, as far as possible. If the concerned PWD officer could perform
all the jobs as people without disability or could perform several
types of jobs efficiently,
no effort should be
made to instruct them to certain types of jobs only.
-
B.
Post recruitment and Pre promotiong
Induction training is an essential component of the service requirement of an
employee. Induction training programme for the persons with
disabilities should be
imparted together with the other employees.
Job specific post-recruitment as well as pre-promotion training
programmes are required to be organised for the persons with
disabilities. Outlining a
specific module/norm for training programme for the persons with
disabilities common to all the Ministries/Departments and their
attached/subordinate offices,
Central Public Sector
1
Enterprises, Cantonment Board, etc. may not be possible as the
training requirement may be different on the basis of the work
pattern. All the Ministries
/ Departments should take definite action to conduct job specific
inclusive training programmes for the
persons with disabilities with other employees.
Duration and training contents may be finalized in consultation with
the National Institutes under the Department of Disability Affairs,
Ministry of Social
Justice & Empowerment and, if felt necessary, prominent Associations/
Federations/Confederations workings in the sphere of disability can be
consulted.
It should also be ensured that training programmes are conducted at
the time of change in job, introduction of new technology, after
promotion of the employee,
etc. The venue of the training may be fixed as considered suitable for
conducting such training. The Ministries/Departments and their offices
shall utilize
existing Budget provisions for undertaking the aspects of training programme.
The employee with disability shall be placed with an experienced
employee for at least one month on resuming responsibility of a post.
This would help
him to pick up skills required to perform the job and also the
adaptations that may be required in individual
cases.
C.
Providing aids/assistive devices The persons with disabilities could
perform their duties efficiently if they are provided with aids and
appliances which
are suitable to their needs. Ministries /Departments and their
attached and subordinate offices, Central Public Sector Enterprises,
Cantonment Board, etc.
should assist the persons with disabilities by providing them high
tech/latest technology led assistive devices (including low vision
aids, hearing aids
with battery), special furniture, wheel chairs (motorised if required by
the employee), software scanners, computer and other hardware, etc. in
accordance with their requirement, which would improve their
efficiency.
They should either provide or shall reimburse the cost of such devices with a
specific time period for such devices to persons with disabilities in
accordance with the
price/durability of the special devices, special furniture,
software, scanners, computer and other hardware, etc. as fixed by
them, in consultation
with various National Institutes working in the sphere of disability.
A review exercise
shall be carried out by the Departments/Ministries every three years
to check the
availability or need for introduction of enhanced/upgraded versions of such
devices/software etc. They shall utilise their existing budget
provisions for providing
these facilities.
D.
Accessibility and barrier free environment at work place
In addition to the guidelines for modification in all public buildings
including
Government offices to provide easy accessibility and barrier free
environment for PWDs
as per the provisions of the PWD Act, all Government offices should
take special steps to
provide barrier free and accessible work stations to PWD employees,
access from main
building entrance to their work stations and access to common utility
areas such as
Toilets, canteens etc. Lifts/elevators should be made accessible by
providing Braille
signage and audio outputs. Wherever required, suitable colour contrast
may also be
made available in buildings, utilities, staircases, etc. for the
benefit of low vision
employees.
2
E.
Preference in Govt. accommodation
The Directorate of Estates may give preference to the persons with
disabilities for providing them accessible accommodation near their
place of posting
and they may be preferred for allotment of ground floor accommodation.
Possibility of existing housing accommodations being renovated to make
them conveniently
accessible to persons with
disabilities, be explored by the Directorate of Estates.
F.
Grievance redressal
Some of the employees including persons with disability may be got
trained by the empanelled Master Trainers/Offices of various National
Institutes working
in the sphere of disability to develop their skills in handling
grievances relating to PWDs.
The Liaison Officer appointed to look after reservation matters for
SCs, STs may also act as the Liaison Officer for reservation matters
relating to persons
with disabilities. The Liaison Officer would also look after the
issues relating to providing of amenities for the persons with
disabilities. In addition,
every Ministry/Department, their attached and subordinate offices,
Central Public Sector Enterprises, Cantonment Board, etc., would
preferably constitute
a Grievance Redressal Mechanism headed by the Head of Administration
and comprising at least two employees including a PWD having knowledge
in disability
matters. The Committee so constituted would receive and try to redress
the grievances of persons with disabilities within a reasonable time
frame.
G.
Special Casual Leave
Vide this Department's OM No. 25°11/1/20°8-Estt.(A) dated 19.11.2oo8,
a provision of Special Casual Leave for 4 days in a calendar year has
been made for
the employees of Central Government with disabilities for specific
requirements relating to disabilities of the official. Further, vide
this Department's
OM No. 28°16/02/2°07-Estt(A) dated 14.11.2°07, there is also a
provision of io days Special Casual Leave in a calendar year subject
to exigencies of work
for the differently abled Central Government employees with
disabilities for participating in
Conference/Seminars/Trainings/Workshop related to disability
and development to be specified by Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment.
H.
Preference in transfer/posting
As far as possible, the persons with disabilities may be exempted from the
rotational transfer policy/transfer and be allowed to continue in the
same job, where
they would have achieved the desired performance. Further, preference
in place of
posting at the time of transfer/promotion may be given to the persons
with disability
subject to the administrative constraints.
The practice of considering choice of place of posting in case of persons with
disabilities may be continued. To the extent feasible, they may be
retained in the same
job, where their services could be optimally utilised.
Every Ministry/Department in consultation with the Office of the Chief
3. Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities would arrange for
training of the Liaison
Officer on "Disability Equality and Etiquettes".
3
All the Ministries/Departments are requested to bring the above instructions to
'4. the notice of all appointing authorities under their control, for
information and
compliance. The Department of Public Enterprises may ensure to give
effect the above
guidelines in the all the Central Public Sector Enterprises.
C:1
‘
(G.
Srinivasan)
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India Tel: 2369 3 074
The Secretary, all the Ministries / Departments of the Government of
India. The Secretary, Department of Public Enterprises, CGO Complex,
New Delhi with
a request to issue necessary instructions .to give effect the above
guidelines in the all the Central Public Sector Enterprises. The
Secretary, Department of Financial Services, Jeevan Deep Building, New
Delhi with the
request to consider issuance of similar guidelines for PSU banks.
The Secretary, Railway Board, Rail Bhavan, New Delhi. Union Public
Service Commission/Supreme Court of India/Election Commission of.
India/Lok Sabha Secretariat/Rajya
Sabha Secretariat/Cabinet
Secretariat/Prime Minister's Office/Planning Commission. The Chairman,
Staff Selection Commission, CGO Complex, Lodi Road, New
Delhi. Office of the Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities,
Sarojini House,
6, Bhagwan Das Road, New Delhi-moot Office of the Comptroller and
Auditor General of India, io, Bahadur Shah Zafar
Marg, New Delhi. All Officers and Sections in the Ministry of
Personnel, Public Grievances and
Pensions and all attached/subordinate offices of this Ministry.
Information and Facilitation Centre, DOPT, North Block, New Delhi- zo
copies.
opy to Director, NIC, DOP&T- with a request to place this circular on the
website of this Ministry, for information of all concerned
4