100% agree from your take, but despite of this, the end responsibility
or I must say the first step has to be taken by the boy/girl. Reason?
If we have even 1% confidence to our abilities that we’ll be able to
deal that relation, our parents have its 0%. So, first is to make own
self-aware and confident that its not something that can’t be done,
and then help the parents to learn more about your abilities. Its not
going to be so easy though but eventually chances are that this will
happens because parents want best for there children at the end of the
day.
 The reason they take wrong decision is the great fear.
I have gone threw all this on the time before my marriage, and happy
that I could deal it the way I wanted it to be.