Hi,

I am trying to summarise the judgment from a lay person's perspective
for my own understanding. The experts, kindly fill the gaps or correct
me  if I do goof ups. 1. The judgment dated 14th Jan 2020 is a
reviewed petition on Civil appeal 1567 of 2017 which is based on PWD
Act, 1995 "section 32 and 33 -reservation in promotion".
2. This judgment is for a very old case of 2008 Ravi Kumar Gupta
versis Prasar Bharti as and he and few others were denied  reservation
in promotion in group A. However, Prasar Bharti considered them unfit
due to their disability despite having chemical engineering
background.
3. The case was reviewed after 8 years on 30th June 2016 and the
judgment was given in 2017.
4. After that there were one or two more reviewed petitions in 2019
and finally, Civil Appeal No. 1567 of 2017 was reviewed dated 14th Jan
2020 in the form of latest judgment.
5. The gist of the judgment is that the judgment passed in 2017 will
become applicable after the issueance of this reviewed petition.
6. Though, there was already reservation in promotion for groups C and
D based on SC judgment dated 8th October 2013  but the salient feature
of this particular judgment is that now there will be reservation in
promotion for groups A and B. However, there are very few posts
reserved for PWds in groups A and B thus, jobs  roster making
committee really needs to be conscious of being able to do justice
with the policy of reservation in promotion.

Let's be in peace but not into pieces