Hello, You can directly enter the date in the edit box located next to the
destination edit box. You must use hyphen symbol instead of slash for this
purpose. The IRCTC app has many issues as of now. Personally I like using
NVDA or Narrator screen readers for booking tickets on the website.

Thanks and regards,
Dr. Aruni Sharma.
Associate Professor,
Dept. of Political Science,