Hi,

In my viewpoint, Talkback scores way higher than Voice Assistant as
experienced on my Samsung J7 Pro device running Android 9.0. Below are some
points that you may want to evaluate:

1. Talkback has context menus that Voice Assistant doesn't have. These are
Global and Local context menus.
a. Global context menu can be opened from anywhere using the gesture Swipe
Down followed by Right (L shape) and has options like:
i. Read from Top
ii. Read from Next Item
iii. Repeat/Spell/Copy last utterance
iv. Talkback Settings, etc.
b. Local context menu can be opened by using the gesture Swipe Up followed
by Right. It gives options for navigation by character, word, line,
paragraph, etc. Navigation can also be switched across these options easily
using Up/Down swipe with a single finger. The same works in Voice Assistant
with 3 fingers.
2. Notification panel can be easily accessed using Swipe Right followed by
Down *7 shape(, Voice Assistant doesn't have such a functionality or maybe I
didn't find it
3. Talkback speaks the Search button when you open WhatsApp while Voice
Assistant doesn't. This indicates that Talkback has the functionality to
speak the focussed item in a newly opened window.
4. It has Vibration feedback
5. Being integrated with the Android operating system, Talkback works with
majority of Android devices whereas Voice Assistant is expected to work with
Samsung devices only.

Voice Assistant is a good initiative from Samsung released with Android 9
upgrade. It has few features that are missing in Talkback. These are:

1. Shake to Speak - This functionality is removed from recent releases of
Talkback. However, it can be easily compensated with Read from Top and Read
from Next Item options in the Global context menu.
2. Speak Caller ID - A basic Caller ID speaker that again is removed from
Talkback since some time. Several Caller ID speaker apps on the Playstore
that have advanced features can be made use of to speak Caller ID.

Likely that the experience differs on Android 10. It also matters if you are
acquainted with or want to explore the above points on your device. Choose
one of the two accessibility apps and share your experience after a week or
two.

Best Regards,
Zujar.