Dear all,
At the new Beyond Eyes centre in NAB Delhi we are trying to explore more and
more solutions for an accessible Smart Home. The Radio Udaan show with
Danish Mahajan this Sunday was on this centre.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmKA5O_hyaw&t=70s
When possible, you can visit us.

For my personal use also I have been reading and experimenting with several
devices.
 One way to look at this is: There are devices with wi-fi and Alexa/Google
Home capability and then there are switches, plugs and remotes which can
potentially make any device capable of being controlled remotely.

The products in this category are certainly much more expensive than same
non-smart products.
I have tried Smart Bulbs, Tubes, Plugs, Switches, Air Conditioner, Air
Purifier  etc. You can search for these products on Amazon. Note that the
setup of these devices and their native apps may not be totally accessible.
Our best bet is to set them up with sighted help is necessary and then
control them through Voice commands or Alexa or Google Home apps which are
accessible.

One promising product is the Alexa/Google Home compatible Universal Infrared
Remote. These devices can potentially control any other device which has a
infrared remote such as a television, ac or music system. This device can
perform the function of their remote control by taming the command through
our voice. Compatibility with the exact model of the TV or AC you have can
be an issue, so more research is advised before purchase.  One such option
is this:
https://www.amazon.in/OAKTER-Oakremote-Universal-Compatibility-Conditioner/d
p/B07T65KSLC/ref=pd_sbs_23_t_0/262-3261993-8495310?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0
7T65KSLC&pd_rd_r=c388e1ba-748d-4486-87f1-94e85b45f7ee&pd_rd_w=ol81V&pd_rd_wg
=veDFg&pf_rd_p=21bbdc4d-873b-48c5-a88a-70e643377944&pf_rd_r=N4V2ZH8WA7GND82B
SJRJ&psc=1&refRID=N4V2ZH8WA7GND82BSJRJ

The above link may break in the email, you can also search for Alexa
compatible universal infrared remote on Amazon.

Best wishes, remain at home and together we will win over this pandemic.

Prashant Verma