Hi listers,
This question has originated in me as part of the conversation on
another thread on our list where we had discussed the possibility of
Kibo on Windows. One of the most important atributes of Kibo on
Android is the multi language ability it has the voice part of it
being facilitated by the very promising Google TTS. The Google TTS can
be a bit slow, but the voice quality is much better than most other
options particularly on native Indian languages, and it has a far more
extensive range of languages than Vocalizer.
Now Vocalizer and eSpeak are available on Windows along with good old
Eloquence, but Google TTS doesn't seem to be available for straight
forward download and install on Windows.
Anyways to install and use Google TTS with Jaws or NVDA or K1000?
Would be really remarkable if that would be possible.
Google has made their Office and many other products available on
Windows. Think there should be community efforts on our part to try
and convince them to do the same with Google TTS as well.

Dr. Mahesh S. Panicker
Assistant Professor,
Department of Political Science,
Lady Shri Ram College for Women,