You might try setting up that mail again.

Here is how to do:

1. Go to Control Panel > Mail > Email Accounts.
2. Press tab until you hear account list, select that account, hit remove
(alt+ M). Hit 'Yes' in confirmation dialogue.
3. Press Alt + N and set up the mail again.

Also I got this issue in my work account a while ago and later found that
it was due to mail server slowness and not due to NVDA or Outlook. Only
waiting can help in such a scenario.

Thanks,
Vaibhav