Dear All,

Good Evening.

As we know, we can apply and download disability smart card from:

http://www.swavlambancard.gov.in/

But as one navigates through the profile section, it is alarming to
see that information such as permenent address, phone number, last 4
digits of Aadar number etc are wide opened to the public and all one
needs is the Smart card number and the date of birth of a disabled
person who has the card to access the information. When everyone is
talking about data security and confidential information etc, it is
unfortunate that personal details of the disabled are wide opened to
the public. My request to NGOs working on disability matters is to
take this issue up seriously and lobby for data of disabled persons to
be secured.

Thanks and Regards,

Vetri.