I am not aware of any JAWS scripts but try the undernoted solution.
Press Insert + Space Bar
a click sound will be there
Then press the alphabet 'S'
JAWS will announce 'Speech on Demand'
Then it will stop announcing notifications such as who has joined or left.

When you want to restore full speech repeat the above process.
JAWS will announce 'Full Speech'.

Hope that helps

--
Thanks & Regards