hullo Mr. sanjay, it was nice to read about the new release of zoom
text. it will shurely help our low vision impaired colleagues to ease
their difficulties of reading. thanks for sharing such a wonderful
article amongst us. please keep sharing such a valluable source. with
sincere gratitude and warm regards,
  mukesh jain.

On 2/2/08, Sanjay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> NEW ZOOMTEXT RELEASED
>
> Ai Squared recently released ZoomText USB, a portable program on a USB
> memory drive that fits in your pocket or around your neck on the included
> lanyard.
> The drive enables users to install and run ZoomText wherever and whenever
> needed without having to purchase additional licensing or worry about
> activating
> each installation. Just plug in the USB drive and, if ZoomText has already
> been installed on the system, immediately use the software. If ZoomText
> hasn't
> been installed, a low-vision--friendly setup program launches for a quick
> installation. The user settings are saved back to the USB drive and load
> automatically
> each time the drive is used. For more information, visit www.aisquared.com
> or call 1-800-859-0270.
>
> NEWS FROM MICROSOFT
>
> Microsoft and the Digital Accessible Information System (DAISY) Consortium
> recently announced a joint development project that will make it possible
> for
> computer users who are blind or print-disabled to gain access to more
> written content by using assistive technology. This project will be a
> reference model
> for other Open XML solution models. It will be available on SourceForge.net,
> and will yield a free, downloadable plug-in for Microsoft Word that will
> enable
> users to translate Open XML-based documents into DAISY XML, the standard for
> reading and publishing navigable multimedia content. When it becomes
> available
> in early 2008, the "Save as DAISY" feature will mean that people with print
> disabilities will have better access to the information in billions of
> documents.
>
> AOL BECOMES ACCESSIBLE
>
> AOL has recently launched a new web interface, Websuite Lite, which makes
> the dynamic Web 2.0 interface accessible for users who are blind. The team
> that
> designed the interface was led by Tom Wlodkowski, a blind man who
> experienced the challenges Web 2.0 applications presented firsthand. To
> further enhance
> web accessibility, AOL also released a new Javascript library that makes it
> easier for web developers to implement accessible features with modern Web
> 2.0 sites.
>
> VICTOR NOW PLAYS AUDIBLE
>
> Victor Reader Stream, the pocket-sized portable MP3 player designed for
> blind and low-vision people, now has the capability to play the popular
> Audible.com
> books. The Audible format provides a huge additional choice of content to
> users as Audible is the leading provider of spoken audio on the Internet,
> providing
> over 140,000 hours of digital audio editions of books, newspapers and
> [...]

Mukesh Jain
  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  mobile: 09977165123
  "happiness and joy are the wealth of prosperous life"