Thank you so much for the update. It's good to know that having our details
noted down is up to us. Although if that's always been the case it might
take some time to convince them to stop  if we don't want them to.
Referring to your first point I think any of the parties could be
potentially uncomfortable, it would be good if there was a choice. But if
that's the most practical solution perhaps renaming it to include disabled
individuals might help us feel less out of place. Just a thought.
And I don't know how helpful, or counter-productive it might be, but I
always insist on stairs or escalators, and refuse to go in the lift, and
have a conversation with my guide about it on the way if it's the first
time.

Kind regards

Mayank