Hi Apurwa and all group members!

In reference to the question if one should mention his/her disability in
his/her resume or not?

Being an MBA from IIM Calcutta, my answer is a big No to this question.
Some reasons are mentioned below:

> To get selected for a job interview one's resume should reach the
relevant table. Mentioning disability in the resume will reduce the
prospective interview call as companies are generally risk averse and
companies that do not have any PWD employee shall not consider the resume
at all.
> Mentioning disability in the resume shall reduce job and career
opportunities as not all companies have specific/reserved jobs for PWDs.
> Mentioning disability in resume can create bias in the mind of
interviewer and the whole interview can revolve on this aspect rather than
the skills and the knowledge of the candidate.

My opinion is that until companies do not specifically ask for the
disability status (through forms etc.), one should not reveal his/her
disability status till interview stage. .

Further in an interview, one should disclose his disability towards the end
after he/she has demonstrate his knowledge about the job unless the
interviewer ask about it earlier.

Further, unless the candidate feels that he will require some accomodation
to perform his job or he will not be able to perform some task either
partially or completely (in my case, international travel and working on
PPT), he/she should not disclose his disability status at all. For
instance, if a person is blind from one eye and have full vision in the
other eye, why he should disclose his disability as he will be able to
perform all his job requirements without any accomodation like a non-PWD
candidate.

Would like to hear views from other group members as well.

Kind regards
Ritesh Agarwal