While different banks may be  good at different levels. However, what
matters is which banks are supported  by your  organisation for salary
account purposes. also, while citi exits, all of their banking
opperations would move to Axis. Just the way they did some time ago
for a lot of other government banks & the accounts keep on functioning
without any issues just like in the case of so many merged government
banks.

I too have a salary account with Citi. At the moment this merger is
not really confirmed. It could be  Axis or any of the others. The best
would be to wait & watch. It is possible, you may not face any
difficulties with the new bank.

Thank you,

Bharat.