Hello Penny and others,
 I was having this same issue as the rest of you, and I have been using
web.whatsapp.com
 What fixed it for me was updating whatsapp to the latest version, logging
out from my machines, and linking my device again. the QR codes aren't as
simple as before, and it takes a little time for it to scan the thing.
Working just fine now though, without any issues.

--
***
“The most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The