From: accessindia@accessindia.org.in <accessindia@accessindia.org.in> On Behalf
Of Harish Kotian
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2022 5:54 PM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in; Tony Kurian <tony...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [AI] Public Notice Inviting Comments on the draft National Policy
for Persons with Disabilities

Hi Prashant

This is very useful. Thanks for sharing it.

I am placing a few suggestions from my side.You may suggest changes / additions.

Lets all put our heads together.

1 The word close caption should be replaced with closed caption and audio
description
2 Education of disabled persons as a policy should be handled by HR ministry
and not MSJE.
3 All public buses  should have functioning approaching stop announcement
system. All trains / metros / mono rail should have approaching  station
announcement,  in addition, announcing the direction of the platform.
4 All public buses should have announcement of the bus route and its
destination. This will help visually disabled  passengers waiting at the bus
stops.
5 Bus shelters should have seating facility benefiting senior citizens and
disabled passengers waiting for their bus.
6 All housing projects of more than 20 flats should have10% of their flats sold
to only disabled persons. Preferential floors and parking may also be provided
and such flats should be particularly disabled friendly in design.Such flats
should be charged on the floor rate where staggering rates are charged for
flats of similar sizes.
7 All currency both physical and digital shall be disabled friendly. All
physical Indian non disabled friendly currency shall be fully phased out not
later than 5 years.
8 All payment systems on every platform shall be fully accessible.Particular
efforts should be taken to facilitate payment requirements of international
disabled tourists.
9 All tourist places, monument sites should be made disabled friendly.
Incentives by means of soft loans may be provided to carry out suitable changes
to make sites and services accessible to disabled persons.
10 Sugamya Bharath should take up or ordinate with appropriate authorities
wherever disabled persons requests for paved road / footpaths to the place of
residence. Progress of the status of the request should be regularly updated
online.
11 The roads and footpaths must be made disabled friendly and all payment
towards construction / repairs for the same may be done to the contractors on
self declaration basis. Flash audit should be routinely carried out to examine
the veracity of the certification and stringent penalties be levied on any
deficiency of accessibility norms in addition blacklisting vendors repeatedly
breaching accessibility norms.

12 Disabled persons should be provided with preferential allotment of parking
including private apartments. Sugamya Bharath may be approached by disabled
persons for its implementation
13 All disability identity card should be subsumed by UDID card and UDID card
should be the only card for availing any facility for disabled persons
throughout the country.
14 The UDID system by means of secured API calls should be able to authenticate
the type of disability andits percentage
15 UDID cards should be provided to all disabled persons within 6 months.
Special camps may be carried out for its role out. Business process re
engineering may be adopted for its smooth role out. Severe penalties may be
imposed including imprisonment faking disability.
16 Special courts concerning disability matters should be set up in every
state, for smaller states and UT jurisdiction may be extended to more than 1
state ensuring that the entire country is covered.
17 Disabled persons should be provided with legal assistance  by the state to
fight any offenses done to them.
18 All orders and penalties should be published at CCPD Portal.
19 all repeat penalties should be enhanced by at least 50% more than the last
penalty amount
20 A specially designed Accessibility badge may be given to products offered on
GEM platform. This will help buyers diferentiate  for accessible products.
Besides these may be given higher ranking in displaying similar prices Regards

Harish

https://groups.google.com/a/accessindia.org.in/d/msgid/accessindia/MAZPR01MB71680150BE5F5D549B14FA11D2AA9%40MAZPR01MB7168.INDPRD01.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM.