Hi Hassim,

Eventually you have to decide what feels right. I’ll only tell what I
have experienced.

Getting published with reputed publishers like Penguin or Macmillan, I
think, is like winning a lottery.

You can instead search “top self-publishing platforms in India” for
paperback edition and choose the one that best suits your
budget/requirements.

These platforms have different publishing programs. The more services
(editing, proofreading, marketing, book cover design etc.) you add,
the costlier it gets.

So maybe you need trying handling as many tasks as you can on your own
to cut unnecessary expenses.

Kindle is easy and free. You can upload the PDF with your book cover
on their website and after a day or two it gets out.

Finally, I think that it would be wise for you to read a dozen or so
comprehensive guides available online on getting published, because
there’s no right or wrong way – everything depends.

Just get it out of the door. And take care.

Shadab

--
http://husainjournal.blogspot.com/