The Rights of Persons with Disabilities (RPWD) Act, enacted in India
in 2016, recognizes various disabilities and provides legal protection
and rights to persons with disabilities. While there are 21
disabilities listed under the Act, it's important to note that the
terminology and categorization might vary slightly. Here's a list of
the disabilities covered under the RPWD Act:

Blindness: A condition where a person has complete loss of vision or
very low vision.

Low Vision: A condition characterized by significant visual impairment
even after correction.

Leprosy Cured Persons: Individuals who have been cured of leprosy but
still have residual disabilities caused by it.

Hearing Impairment: Both deafness and significant difficulty in
hearing fall under this category.

Locomotor Disability: Conditions affecting mobility and locomotion,
such as cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, and more.

Dwarfism: A condition where a person's height is significantly below
average due to skeletal or genetic issues.

Intellectual Disability: Intellectual impairments characterized by
limitations in intellectual functioning and adaptive behavior.

Mental Illness: Various psychiatric conditions that can affect a
person's thoughts, emotions, and behavior.

Autism Spectrum Disorder: A range of neurodevelopmental disorders
affecting social interaction, communication, and behavior.

Cerebral Palsy: A neurological disorder affecting movement, muscle
coordination, and posture.

Specific Learning Disabilities: Difficulties in acquiring and using
skills like reading, writing, or mathematics.

Multiple Disabilities: When a person has more than one of the
disabilities listed above.

Acid Attack Victims: Individuals who have suffered severe physical and
psychological damage due to acid attacks.

Parkinson's Disease: A progressive nervous system disorder that
affects movement.

Hemophilia: A genetic disorder that impairs the blood's ability to clot.

Thalassemia: A genetic blood disorder that leads to anemia and
requires regular blood transfusions.

Sickle Cell Disease: A genetic blood disorder causing abnormal
hemoglobin and various complications.

Multiple Sclerosis: A chronic autoimmune disease affecting the central
nervous system.

Intellectual Disabilities caused by Dyslexia: Intellectual impairments
resulting from conditions like dyslexia.

Muscular Dystrophy: A group of genetic disorders characterized by
progressive muscle weakness.

Chronic Neurological Conditions: Chronic conditions like epilepsy,
which affect the nervous system.