May be you have observed or not, there is a place to add the captions for
videos and the photos on the status updates. But they are not mandatory. Post
button must disable till the users add the captions/alt text to the status.

From: accessindia@accessindia.org.in <accessindia@accessindia.org.in> On Behalf
Of Santosh Prajapati
Sent: Sunday, October 1, 2023 8:57 AM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] A suggestion to write a mail to Whatsapp's accessibility team
by all

I have written to them many time about accessibility and also I will write to
them on this point

On Sat, Sep 30, 2023, 9:28 PM Saurav Hegde <saurav0...@gmail.com
<mailto:saurav0...@gmail.com> > wrote:

Hello group members,

I know, this maybe annoying to you but I again want to draw your attention to a
problem that all blind users face while using Whatsapp.

It is impossible for us to understand a photo posted by someone on their
Whatsapp's status due to a lack of image description feature and an option to
add alt text while uploading the photo.

Doesn't this dull our experience?

I request everyone on this group to write them an Email highlighting this issue.

I don't know why, no one responded to me.

I  respect everyone's time and am trying to do something which will benefit all
of us.

Only me writing to them may not create  a big impact but a hundred such mails
might be taken seriously.

So do reply, I have already posted  the mail on the group written by me which
anyone can edit and send to them.

So, if you want to support my initiative, write them a mail at
accessibil...@support.whatsapp.com <mailto:accessibil...@support.whatsapp.com>

Thanks in advance.

Warm regards,

Saurav Hegde