From: accessindia@accessindia.org.in <accessindia@accessindia.org.in> On Behalf
Of Vetrivel Murugan Adhimoolam
Sent: 05 October 2023 16:11
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] accessible device to heat water

Hey, Someone suggested Electric kettle and I think that's a great option for us
to heat water without sighted assistance.  Also, porring watter in to glass or
cup, it is just a matter of practice. I am totally blind and many like me
(myself included) can successfully pore watter in cups without anyone's
assistance. Like I said, it's just a matter of practice.

On 05/10/2023, Saurav Hegde <saurav0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Aman sir,
> I do not cook  as well but I think I can still help you in this regard.
> I am not aware about accessible heating devices but I can share tips
> how to make a microwave accessible, for the basic heating part.
> If you have a sited person with you, simply ask them to stick small
> round plastic objects or bindis on the start and stop button, which
> will enable you to touch and press them.
> Also, microwaves have a number of seconds predefined  for which they
> heat the water, depending on the number of times you have pressed the
> start button.
> Ask a sited the preedefined seconds and then, I know this may sound
> silly, but cound the seconds slowly to approximate the time the
> microwave has ran and stop it after  that.
> Hope this helps.
>
> Warm regards,
> Saurav Hegde
>
> On Thu, Oct 5, 2023 at 1:27 PM Aman Preet Singh <aps32...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi! I don’t know cooking at all, so not sure about operating anything
>> with or without assistance. I just wanted that I can do at least
>> basic things at my own like heat water or heat food whenever
>> assistance not available.
>> One
>> more thing, is there any way that we can place the glass with cold
>> water and heat that water, so we do not have to put the hot water
>> again in the glass? Thanks.
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Oct 5, 2023, at 9:55 AM, Vedika Phadke <1emailved...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Hi,
>> there is Electric Kettle is available in the market at  different
>> prices, as like connecting charger to phone need to connect cable to
>> kettle with cold water.
>> it takes few seconds to just lukewarm water.
>> it has auto turning off facility but it works when water becomes too
>> much hot.
>> Drinking that much hot water is never advisable at normal conditions.
>> another option: using thermos for storing hot water Just asking out
>> of curiosity, you have mentioned can not operate gas without
>> assistance, is there any specific reason for the same, because I am
>> also cooking on gas and I know many VI persons who operate gas at
>> their own and cook tasty food items too.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Vedika
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 5, 2023 at 6:44 AM Aman Preet Singh <aps32...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all! I would like to know about any accessible device, through
>>> which I can heat or lukewarm water to drink. I know that, we can do
>>> this with various ways like microwave or gas, but then we need
>>> assistance. I am looking for such way, that we can heat water at
>>> own, like sometime assistance not available and I need to heat
>>> water. Thanks.
>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>
>>> --
>>> Disclaimer:
> [...]

Thanks and Regards,

Vetri.

--------
அவசியத்திற்க்கு ாங்கிலம், அடையாலமாய்த் தமிழ்!
--------
English is my necesity, but Tamil is my identity!

--------
Vetrivel Murugan Adhimoolam,
Staffing and Sourcing coordinator,
BGL13 - Ground Floor,
Cisco Systems Limited,
SEZ Unit,
Cessna Business Park,
Kadubeesanahalli Village,
Varthur Hobli,
Sarjapur Marathalli Outer Ring Road,
BANGALORE, KARNATAKA-560103

Cel - Karnataka: +919620330770.
Cel - Tamilnadu: +919597784596 or +917305211330.
Email: avm...@gmail.com
vadhi...@cisco.com

Chatt with me on what'sapp: https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=919597784596

Skype: vetrivelmurugan