Don’t wait. Lodge the FIR with the police. Also make it public on Amazon. K

-----Original Message-----
From: accessindia@accessindia.org.in [mailto:accessindia@accessindia.org.in] On
Behalf Of Shadab Husain
Sent: 07 October 2023 13:05
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] Told OTP, Amazon showed delivered, but I received nothing

Hi friends,

Thanks for your advice.

Several more points have come to light:

The Amazon delivery guy had 3 products to be delivered on my address, but he
told that there’s an order, and requested its OTP.

The first OTP was of the adapter. He handed the adapter to my sister (who also
has RP) and waited for her to go.

Hardly 2 minutes later he called me up again and asked me to tell me the OTP
for the other order also. He made me presume, by the casual way with which he
spoke, that my sister was standing there. So I told him the OTP, though by then
he would have left that spot, and repeatedly sent me the OTP to get away with
the phone.

Generally – not always – when people notice our blindness, they fancy that
duping them would be easy – anyway:

In hurry he didn’t deliver the cable, which had scheduled delivery for the same
day (i.e. Oct. 04). Amazon started showing the cable delivery date to Oct. 06,
and till the time of this writing the cable hasn’t reached me.

This Amazon guy probably delayed the delivery for the fear that he could be
caught, and now its delivery is scheduled for today.

I have an inkling that he has passed the order on to another guy. I don’t
remember if Amazon delivery has ever been delayed before, particularly for so
many days. Therefore this unexpected delay raises doubts.

Amazon’s response on this issue thus far isn’t appreciable.

When we lodged the complaint on Oct. 04 with Amazon, they assured that the
issue would get resolved by Oct. 06. But yesterday they apprised that it’s
going to be resolved by Oct. 10.

Had they been earnest, they would have retrieved the call recording of this
delivery guy and asked him:

1.      Why did he send the OTP multiple times?

2.      Why the cable delivery is delayed?

3.      What made him ask the OTP 2 minutes later?

Additionally, in case Amazon doesn’t resolve this issue, I plan to take the
following measures:

1.      Going to Amazon’s X handle and filing an open complaint, asking
people in my circle to promote it, and forcing them to carry out a thorough
investigation.

2.      Filing an FIR in the local police station.

3.      Approaching Consumer Forum and requesting them to –

a.      Check my Amazon buying record to see if I have ever misused the
risk-reversal policy.

b.      Check my friend’s Amazon buying record (with whose id the product
was booked) to see if he has ever misused their full money return policy.

c.      Retrieve the call recording and multiple messages sent by the
delivery guy, and question him on the same.

d.      Ask Amazon what caused the delay in the delivery of the cable.

e.      Ask Amazon why the issue wasn’t resolved on the mentioned date.

f.      Ask amazon why in the message carrying the OTP they never mention
the product name and only the order id is provided. (This makes it trickier for
the customer to identify the product particularly when there’re multiple
products scheduled for the same day.)

I don’t think I’ll leave this matter without getting back my money.
Losing seventeen thousand rupees doesn’t feel fun.

Your help required. Mr. Pavasker and other gentlemen posted on X (formerly
Twitter) about accessibility issues in which we made our voices felt. I hope
you to kindly offer me your helping hands if it comes to that.

Your friend

Shadab

On 10/5/23, Mohib Anwar Rafay <mohibra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Shadab it was a big mistake on your part to share OTP with out
> actually accepting the package in your hands. Usually in mobile phones
> its open box delivery wherein delivery partner unbox the packet to
> show whether mobile phone is inside the packet or no. In these
> circumstances you should immideatly complaint to local police station
> and also to the amazon customer care to investigate the matter
> further. Multiple otp may go in your favour and the actual location of
> the delivery partner may also relevant. If there is any cctv camera at
> your building or streat, it might help in investigating the matter. If
> you have the call recording with that person, you may keep for the
> futuer.
>
> On 10/5/23, Minar Singh <singhmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello Shadab,
>> You should never share OTP with anyone. If you were not available at
>> home then you could have asked the guy to come later specifying the
>> exact time/day. You can go to the order section and find courier
>> details and file a complaint with the Courier company and Amazon
>> also. Please do it at the earliest. I hope you haven't deleted the
>> OTP and courier boy's mobile number while filing the online complaint
>> and try to provide those details.
>> Do take a screenshot of those messages and save somewhere in Ms word
>> file for proof.
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 5, 2023 at 12:53 PM Sunil Sangtani.
>> <sunilsangtan...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> hi,
>>> a correct OTP means the product is delivered acording to amazon, no
>>> matter what.
>>> did you received a message that your phone is delivered?  how many
>>> time and how many OTP has came?
>>>
>>> you might need to do a long fight to get your money or phone back.
>>> call me off the list, may be i can help.

>>> the

>>> mails

>>> https://groups.google.com/a/accessindia.org.in/d/msgid/accessindia/C
>>> AFd_nt%3D0jww%3DBDNbc_JqgnoydqcfFxbvBXnJcTmzEB0cUOGaSQ%40mail.gmail.
>>> com
>>> .
>>> >

>>> --
>>> Managing Director| Chandra bazaar|India|.
>>> E: bazaarchan...@gmail.com
>>> workphone: +918233422212
>>> website: www.chandrabazaar.com
>>> lets get social!
>>> facebook.com/chandrabazaar
>>> instagram.com/chandra_bazaar
>>> We Create The Lifestyle You Desire!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Disclaimer:
>>> 1. Contents of the mails, factual, or otherwise, reflect the
>>> thinking of the person sending the mail and AI in no way relates
>>> itself to its veracity;

>>> ---
>>> Groups "AccessIndia" group.
>>> send an email to accessindia+unsubscr...@accessindia.org.in.
>>> https://groups.google.com/a/accessindia.org.in/d/msgid/accessindia/C
>>> AA3WZRUc2VC8tiTj3dkry%3D3hv1tR4HbqEqOdsYT-sz0u%2BMYe4g%40mail.gmail.

--
http://husainjournal.blogspot.com/

https://groups.google.com/a/accessindia.org.in/d/msgid/accessindia/CAFd_ntmbNsUaw89%3DgWkRKkNfmDkCqEea0HoM4XYP%3Da9DZim-6w%40mail.gmail.com.