Shankar-the POC who is working on Zomato accessibility is on leave till February first week. We will initiate the conversations to pick up the issues once he is back. Thanks.

On 24/01/2024 14:44, Shankar C wrote:
sir, still the zamato app on i o s is not accessible.

On 1/24/24, Prerna Sobti <prerna.so...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, I have used the services with the help of sighted friends. Happy to know it is accessible now services are completely reliable and satisfactory but disclaimer it depends from location to location as well. I’ve tried in two different locations in Delhi one was super amazing other one was okay

Prerna Sobti

On Jan 24, 2024, at 12:59 PM, Mohib Anwar Rafay <mohibra...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Are the services availed through this app reliable?

On 1/24/24, george.abrah...@gmail.com <george.abrah...@gmail.com> wrote:
Splendid effort and great post.

From: accessindia@accessindia.org.in <accessindia@accessindia.org.in> On
Behalf Of Amar Jain
Sent: 23 January 2024 16:19
To: Accessindia <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Subject: [AI] Urban Company-on the path to become accessible

Dear all,

From Mission Accessibility, we are happy to share that Urban Company has
fixed a lot of accessibility issues on IOS and is working to fix
remaining
ones. Android's accessible version should be out soon as well.

This was perhaps one of our oldest collaboration without any financial
benefit to us as an organization and took time for us to be able to
educate
the company on even the very basics of what accessibility is.

It took different approaches for us to get them to achieve this. While
Turab
worked hard on sensitizing them, Tanishk, who heads our sensitization
and
capacity building vertical now then had joined us as a volunteer who
drafted
a beautiful legal notice which Rahul sent them, and I kept on engaging
into
technical discussions with their engineering, products, and customer
success
team. We even did one office visit at our own cost for them last year or
so.

Frankly, at one point, nothing was moving ahead. And I was dam
frustrated.
In my mind then, court battle was the only option which I thought would
get
us the desired results. But persistence and team effort worked
ultimately.

We are conscious of the fact that we need to closely monitor them for
future
updates. But at least it is a good start. And the only reason we wanted
share all the background with everyone on this list is to convey the
point
that it takes constant pushing and efforts to even get businesses to
take
baby steps. Therefore, when someone feels frustrated that no result is coming, lets channelize that frustration into making one more service
provider more usable and accessible instead of being angry!

Regards,

Amar Jain

the

mails