Dear Access India members,

I have received many requests yesterday for the computer literacy course
privately from list members who wrote to me by E-mail. Instead of replying to
everyone individually, I am sending here publically a link to download an MP3
version of my book.

I am grateful to Bhawani Shankar Verma for suggesting the “Text Allowed”
software which I used for converting the documents to audio.

Please note that while this recording was created using IVona Text to speech,
Sally, an American English voice, the quality is not perfectly human like, but
I believe it is good enough for understanding the content.

Click here to download the Zip file from my Dropbox.
<file:///C:/Users/Admin/Documents/Cakewalk>

After downloading the Zip file, you may need help to extract all the MP3 files
from it, to copy them to some sort of audio player such as a phone, computer or
MP3 player, so that someone who never used a computer before can listen to the
course as an audio file and follow along. It will help if you show the student
how to play and pause, seek back and forwards through the audio file, change to
the previous and next audio file, Etc to make their learning experience
interactive.

Also, ensure the student has NVDA or Jaws installed and working and have the
text-to-speech synthesizer at a comfortable listening speed for the student
before they get started with this learning program. The course teaches both
using Jaws and NVDA, and the student can choose the lessons to listen to
depending on the screen-reader where a selection is available. The title of
each chapter will tell if the course uses Jaws or NVDA if they are taught
separately.

If the student will progress to the Microsoft applications like Word and Excel,
or to the Browsing the Internet section, then ensure those applications are
also installed on the computer. Browsing is trained using Google Chrome, but
can also work with Edge and some others.

All the best to those wishing to learn via this course.

Kind regards,

Yamuna Jivana dasa