From: accessindia@accessindia.org.in [mailto:accessindia@accessindia.org.in] On
Behalf Of Payal Jethra
Sent: Wednesday, May 1, 2024 4:47 PM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] Concession to persons with disabilities in vande Bharat trains

Hi All,

I travelled this morning from Ahmedabad to Mumbai Borivali & have been
frequently travelling Mumbai Gujarat route. My observations-

* Since there is no way to identify myself as a passenger with visual
impairment while booking ticket, there is no awareness/alertness amongst the
team of such a passenger.

* I got to understand from fellow passengers that there is an indicator/display
that shows the number of kilometers to be covered. We wouldn't be able to tell
otherwise.

* Until the ticket was checked, there was no way for me to identify attendants
on duty. God to hear on the announcement that there are helpline number
stickers stuck near doors.

* Unlike airline staff, the Vand Bharat team is yet to be trained to assist
with getting off. The train hault at Borivali station is only 2 minutes & I was
lucky to have other passengers wheel down my bag onto the platform.

So, when we do write to them  we'd want to keep some of these & other points in
mind.

Regards,

Payal Jethra

On Tue, Apr 30, 2024 at 6:29 PM BHAWANI SHANKAR VERMA <bsvermad...@gmail.com