Subject says it all but the thing here is that the dealer is telling me
that as per RTO Maharashtra, Divyangjan registration is done only with vehicles
having auto mode. Those wanting to purchase Manual mode car cannot go for
Divyangjan registration.
Isn't this strange?
I was reading through TOI article of February 2023, it stated that

The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways of India (MoRTH) has

asked states to register vehicles owned by people with disabilities

under the ownership category of "Divyangjan" and extend

necessary tax benefits, instead of providing these benefits on only

new and adapted vehicles.

The circular mentioned that persons with disabilities who own a

vehicle and hire a driver should not be deprived of getting the

vehicle registration under the "Divyangjan" category. This means

that the ownership of the vehicle will be the deciding factor for

registration under the "Divyangjan" category, not the type of

vehicle.

Would want your views.

Vande Mataram

Sandesh