From: accessindia@accessindia.org.in <accessindia@accessindia.org.in> on behalf
of Rohan Kumar Singh <rohansinghparmar2...@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 10, 2024 9:12:45 AM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Subject: [AI] Seeking Guidance and Support for Cane Training and Solo Travel
for Visually Impaired

Dear Access India Team,

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Rohan, and I am reaching out to
seek your guidance and support regarding cane training and the use of the JAWS
screen reader. Additionally, I am looking for information about NGOs in India
that support solo travel for visually impaired individuals.

I have a medical condition called Retinitis Pigmentosa (Usher Syndrome type 2),
which has resulted in progressive visual impairment. My journey with this
condition began with night blindness in 2015 when I was 15 years old, along
with mild hearing loss since birth. Until the end of 2019, I only experienced
difficulty seeing at night, but from January 2020, I started noticing
challenges in broad daylight as well.

With the shift to remote work due to the pandemic, I avoided going out of my
house since 2020. During this period, I was in the second year of my
engineering studies, and working from home helped me manage my condition.
However, in June 2022, when I traveled from Patna to Bhopal for my college
exams, I realized that my vision had deteriorated significantly, making it
difficult to navigate even in daylight. I had to rely on my friend's assistance
to move around the college campus.

In August 2022, I joined a reputable company in Hyderabad but faced numerous
navigation challenges. After two months, I requested to work from home from my
native location, which was kindly approved. It is now August 2024, and I have
rarely ventured outside my house due to a lack of confidence in navigating
independently.

I am seeking your assistance in finding the best places in India where I can
receive cane training and learn to use the JAWS screen reader. Additionally, I
would appreciate any information about NGOs that support solo travel for
visually impaired individuals.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to your guidance and
support.

Warm regards,

Rohan

accessindia+unsubscr...@accessindia.org.in<mailto:accessindia+unsubscr...@accessindia.org.in>.
https://groups.google.com/a/accessindia.org.in/d/msgid/accessindia/CAFLp%2BcFY1A8S24tesuehaYgPvVE4htcF-vQRNaUOGF8Kgcqmew%40mail.gmail.com<https://groups.google.com/a/accessindia.org.in/d/msgid/accessindia/CAFLp%2BcFY1A8S24tesuehaYgPvVE4htcF-vQRNaUOGF8Kgcqmew%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.