Hello,

I have read the attached documents. They are very well-written. I still would
like to draw your attention to the following points:

Article-24- Education
It seems, the government is shifting towards SarvaSikshaAbhiyaan (SSA) and
inclusive education since special education is more expensive. These schemes
are supposed to be complementary programmes for those who could not or cannot
continue their education. I don’t understand why SSA is considered to be the
main programme for children with disabilities. Are they second class citizens?
The question should be raised aloud.

Article 25 – Health
Swavalamban Health Insurance Scheme was introduce some years back as an economy
health insureance package for persons with disabilities. Possible beneficiaries
are hardly aware of Swavalamban Health Insurance Scheme in West Bengal. Is it
still available? I once visited an office of New India Assurance Company in
Kolkata. The staff did not know of the scheme at all and they refused to
contact their higher office.

Article 27: Work and employment
Appointments are being made in the railway against employment notice no. CEN
RRC-01_2019. The Railway Ministry has not yet appointed many totally blind
applicants although low vision applicants with lower scores have been
appointed. If this becomes a trend, particular in government employment, there
is ample reason for totally blind candidates to worry. Please address this
issue in your statement.

With best regards,

Amiyo Biswas
Cell: 6290527506