Thank you for driving this effort. Unfortunately, I had my bank accounts created before I lost my sight. However, my salary account was created by the company and I had no issues in filling up the forms because I had a sighted guide to assist me. I did have to verify my details on my net banking account to ensure everything submitted by the form was accurate.

I did face issues with image capture and no alternate way to verify if I'm human, which is a common problem with many banks. Similarly, insurance companies also have inaccessible processes. I had to rely on sighted volunteers to arrange all the KYC documentation they required, and even then, it was a challenge. It's clear that digital KYC processes are not accessible and require sighted assistance.

Sincerely,

 

Mujtaba Merchant

Bangalore | INDIA

Sent from my iPhone ®

Help support my causes: NVDA | Billion Strong | EyeWay

"Diversity is a fact. Equity is a choice. Inclusion is an action. Belonging is an outcome"

SHOP GREAT DEALS HERE!



On Jan 21, 2025, at 4:33 PM, Amar Jain <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear all,


I had filed a writ petition in the Supreme Court of India on the digital KYC issues that we as persons with blindness / low vision face on day to day basis due to oversight of regulators like Reserve Bank of India, Securities and Exchange Board of India, Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Department of Telecommunications, Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority, Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, and Ministry of Law and Justice.


My writ petition highlighted the issues that we face on account of (i) biometrics and non-biometrics including signature verification, (ii) liveliness check, (iii) inaccessibility due to captcha, and other issues, (iv) thumb impression not being accepted, amongst others.


So far as liveliness check is concerned, there is a similar issue pending before the Supreme Court of India filed by acid attack survivors. The court issued notice and asked the authorities to file their response by Tuesday and tagged with that matter and the matter will be decided on that day itself.


Before the matter comes on next Tuesday, I wanted many of us to try opening all types of accounts be it a bank account, demat, trading, and everything else which requires digital KYC including wallets and share details of rejections that we face on my email: [email protected].


Will really appreciate everyone's support in cracking this. All regulatory authorities are trying to paint a picture that everything is greener on the other side.

--
Disclaimer:
1. Contents of the mails, factual, or otherwise, reflect the thinking of the person sending the mail and AI in no way relates itself to its veracity;
 
2. AI cannot be held liable for any commission/omission based on the mails sent through this mailing list..
 
 
Search for old postings at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "AccessIndia" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/a/accessindia.org.in/d/msgid/accessindia/4C0D998C-7922-40C2-8BD5-B48879C4109B%40gmail.com.

Reply via email to