I think you will have to turn off track changes. perhaps the key command for it
is control shift e. or you may use tool bar/menu bar for the same.

Rajesh

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Subramani L
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 12:20 PM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: [AI] Made changes to MS Word settings and need help to correct

Folks:

As I was looking at the tool bar of MS Word, I pressed 'track changes'
in order to see what I have deleted and inserted. Though this is a great
thing, I am now unable to see synonyms of words which I used to get
automatically if I press the applications button after selecting the
word for which I want meaning. When I press application button after
selecting the word now, I get things like 'track changes', 'reject
insertions', 'accept insertions', 'cut', 'copy' etc, but no 'synonyms'.
What to do and how to get back the original settings. I need this help
as early as possible, as I am sitting to finish some urgent work at
office.

Subramani

and any attachments. Thank you