Dear list, my self prateek agarwal.
Well, as mr. govind reddy have asked about career opportunities for
visually handicaps, I would like to share some of the careers I know.
The time had passed, when blinds were considered as synonym of
teachers. Now sinario  had changed. today, visually impaired persons
are using their hands in almost all the areas.

As you've questioned, what can a blind do apart from teaching, there
are many types of careers for which you may opt now. Though
opportunities are opened in all areas, but careers like translater,
voice and acceant traner, medical transcribtion, technical writing,
journalism, BPO industries, software engeneering, etc. are trendy in
blind community these days.

So, if you are planning to  pursue for new careers, please have a look
on above ones.
Complete Information about few of the above can be find at
http://www.eyeway.org
very good luck for future.

Regards

Prateek agarwal