Dear Rajesh and all

The highlights of the salient points emerging out of the circular are:

1 RBI recognises the reasons put forth by the banks not giving us banking
services as a discriminatory practise.
2 RBI considers the problem to be widespread and not an isolated incidence and
hence the need of  the circular
3 RBI considers the blind compenent enough to possess all the legal rights to
contract

These are by no means insignificant and we are now armed with a good club to
take on the discriminatory and whimsically practises by the banks.

When last year I had met officials of IBA and 2 departments at RBI, they were
not aware that the blind persons were getting a raw deal. It was good that our
members made complaints to the 2 departments and brought the realisation
amongst the officials that the problem was not isolated.

Kanchan's magic spell and Sam's backup support made this all this possible.

Despite this circular, if the banks continue to act whimsical, we should not
buckle and take it to its logical end. We have moved in a long way forward and
there should and there be no looking back.
Harish.

and any attachments. Thank you