----- Original Message -----
From: "Roopakshi Pathania" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 3:44 PM
Subject: [AI] Classes for Office 2007

Hi Listers,

I am pasting below some information that some of you
may be interested in.

Dakota State University is happy to announce that its
Introduction to Computers Class is being taught online
this fall with one section specifically designed
for screen reader users. The class begins on
September 2 and runs for 15 weeks. Our staff is
making sure that the text will be accessible for
screen
reader users, users of Braille displays, and users of
Dragon Naturally Speaking with JAWS and J-Say.

The course is entitled "Introduction to Computers."
It presents a brief introduction to personal
computers, along with Windows XP and Vista. The vast
majority of the course focuses on Office 2007.
Individuals who sign up for the class and do not
currently have Office 2007 installed will be able to
purchase
the program for $20 from DSU. I will be the
instructor, and I am a totally blind computer user who
has used the computer with assistive tech for over
20 years.

The cost for all distance education courses at Dakota
State is $219.55 per credit hour. Thus, this
three-credit course will cost $658.65. I know that,
in South Dakota, the rehabilitation agency for the
blind is willing to pay this tuition, and other state
agencies may be willing to do so as well, given
the fact that, to my knowledge, this is the only
course of its kind being offered with accessibility
for screen reader users in mind. We also welcome
students from outside the United States.

Students can either sign up for the course using our
on-line registration form or by calling our office at
800-641-4309. The student will want to identify
Keith Bundy's section as the one they are interested
in. The Course Prefix is CSC 105 and the SYN number is
24511.

The registration form is at

https://www. secure.dsu. edu/ees/course_ registration.
asp/

If anyone has additional questions, please feel free
to email or call me. Feel free to circulate this
announcement to any individual or list you may deem
beneficial.

Keith Bundy

Director of Student Development

ADA Academic Coordinator

Dakota State University

Madison, SD

605-256-5121

Email: keith.bundy@
dsu.edu

To unsubscribe send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with