-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Vikas
Kapoor
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 11:29 PM
To: Access India
Subject: [AI] mobile phone stolen.

Folks, yesterday only, while travelling in a busy blueline bus here in
Delhi, I lost my Nokia 6681 mobile phone instrument. It was stolen from
the front pocket of my laptop bag. Now my purpose to disclose the same
here on this list is only      to justify what I had been maintaining
about those mails which, from time to time keep flooding our mailboxes,
that is, what we should do when our cell phone is lost. Let me tell you
emphatically that, be it your service provider or Nokia itself, nobody
seems to have any concern about your stolen phone. Even you would be
surprised to know that when I had gone to the nearest police station in
order to launch the FIR, first of all, they printed the IMEI number of
my phone wrong on the FIR sheet, this is notwithstanding the fact that I
gave the original bill to the lady who was writing my FIR report. When I
noticed this after coming back, I again went to the same police station
to get it rectified. They certainly confessed their mistake and
corrected the same in the copy that I was having, but they were not at
all concerned with rectifying the same in their record. IF the attitude
of the policemen is so reluctant and apathetic, I'm afraid what action
they'll take on their part! So no matter if one claims that we should
always keep our phone IMEI number safe in case the phone is lost, I'll
tell you nothing is going to come out at least here in India! Be it the
lack of technological expertise or the lack of will power, it is quite
impossible to get it back or to make it blocked as most of the mails
would claim!
Vikas Kapoor,
MSN Id:[EMAIL PROTECTED], Yahoo&Skype Id: dl_vikas,
Mobile: (+91) 9891098137.
To unsubscribe send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

please visit the list home page at