Ram,

Did you my comments on the blog?
----- Original Message -----
From: "rambabu adikesavalu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 8:31 PM
Subject: [AI] disabled: born in a nation which does not care

Thank you very much Rajeshji for the complete transcription of the
proceedings of that show which was telecasted on the CNNIBN channel on 5th
august.
I'm sure that those who could have missed it due to some reasons would
definitely benefit from your effort.
Having said this, I also add upon my personal views about that show.
The question that Ms. Sagarika Ghosh put for the SMS contest, "is disability
a burden in India?" as I feel doesn't have any relevance to the issue that
was discussed. In fact, Dr. Ajai Kumar very rightly referred to it and
pointed out that what the question should have been.
My curiosity is to know about the authenticity of the result of the SMS
contest as there's no evidence of who these respondants are and whether its
a fake information which most tv channels produce in many reality shows.
Well, the way she anchored the show and the language she used revealed her
lack of sensitivity to an issue of this magnitude. Don't journalists have
any social responsibilities?

Of course, what our George Abraham sir referred to about the mindset of
people towards disability issues and the disabled persons is concerned are
absolutely true and we should take responsibilities to bring in change of
mindset at least in those who are around us.
With regards,
Dr. A. Rambabu

Join Access India convention: For updates on it visit:
Registration is now open!

To unsubscribe send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with